1. Officials said Ethan’s body was identified through DNA analysis extracted through bone marrow.
James Lee DiMaggio, 40, Ethan Anderson, 8, and Hannah Anderson, 16.
2. Ethan is seen on the floor in this family photo. The suspect in his death and disappearance of his sister, James DiMaggio, is seen on the far right.
Ethan’s 16-year-old sister Hannah Anderson remains missing, and the search for her and her suspected kidnapper is focused on Idaho.
Earlier on Friday, officials said the two were spotted by horseback riders in the Idaho wilderness. His car, a blue Nissan Versa, was found hidden in brush.
The horseback rider’s impression of the pair was “it seemed odd but nothing as alarming,” a spokeswoman for the Ada County Sheriff’s Office said.
“They did speak and exchange pleasantries. I don’t think there was a lot of information exchanged,” she said. “He left the conversation believing they were camping in the area.”
4. Hannah’s friend said she was “creeped out” by family friend DiMaggio. Officials from multiple agencies are searching the rugged northern Idaho wilderness for the pair.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?