1. Expose yourself to the elements and almost die.
Jane risked riding horseback in the rain to see her one true love, Mr. Bingley, in Pride and Prejudice. While she fell incredibly ill upon her arrival, she still managed to pull off an attractive pneumonia look.
2. Deem yourself an old maid if you’re not married by the age of 25.
Hey, maybe it’ll be ok…? Pride and Prejudice’s Charlotte found love with that gross weird guy—Mr. Collins—at the ripe old age of 27.
3. Become really upset about something based entirely on an assumption.
Did a letter to a potential suitor go unanswered? Is your Great Uncle planning an unexpected visit? Now’s the time to go all Marianne Dashwood a la Sense and Sensibility and think the worst. In fact, you should go ahead and dedicate a whole chapter to it.
4. Confess your deepest, darkest secrets in writing.
Mr. Darcy did it in Pride and Prejudice. Captain Wentworth did it in Persuasion. And with a fountain pen, some ink, and lots of adverbs, you can do it too.
5. Consider your cousin a romantic prospect.
Just as Fanny fell for cousin Edmond in Mansfield Park, you too should throw caution to the wind and pursue that hot cousin at Auntie’s Christmas party.
6. Participate in a highly intricate choreographed dance.
No one will ask you to dance at the Netherfield Ball if you don’t learn all the moves, so turn up the harpsichord and start practicing.
7. Hate someone so much that he or she ultimately ends up being the love of your life.
Right when you’re most convinced that someone is rude, arrogant, and haughty, pull an Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice and decide that he’s actually “exactly the man who, in disposition and talents, would most suit” you…
And then create an endless stream of book spin-offs and movies!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Greece's bailout vote on Sunday could be very close, according to an opinion poll. Both sides are holding rallies today.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.