2. Your grandparents were “nonna” and “nonno.”
Forget about the English words “grandma or grandpa.”
7. Pride is an understatement.
“There are only two types of people in the world. Italians, and those who want to be Italian.”
18. Everyone held hands and danced in a circle at weddings.
19. At least one family member owned a business.
Probably an Italian restaurant.
20. Your family could populate a small country.
And that’s just on your dad’s side.
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- The drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›
- A Guatemalan judge ordered former President Otto Perez Molina held in jail overnight while hearings over the corruption scandal that led to his resignation take place. ›