1. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can”
2. “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
-Henry David Thoreau
3. “It’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
4. “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
6. “Dance like no one is watching.”
-William W. Purkey
(Even if a lot of people are watching.)
7. “Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”
-John W. Gardner
8. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”
10. “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
11. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has missed a deadline for a repayment to the International Monetary Fund, sending the nation into greater financial turmoil.
- Misty Copeland has become the first black female principal dancer in American Ballet Theater's 75-year history.