1. On Saturday, during a German league game between FC Nürnberg and Werder Bremen, Aaron Hunt accidentally tripped over himself inside the penalty box.
2. The referee incorrectly called it a foul, thus rewarding Werder Bremen a penalty kick.
Giving them a chance to top their score to 3-0 with 15 minutes left in the game.
3. However, just before a protest could break out, Hunt was quick to challenge the referee’s call and immediately overturned his decision.
4. Players from the opposing FC Nürnberg graciously acknowledged this rare act of sportsmanship.
Werner Bremen won the game 2-0.
5. Watch the whole thing here:
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›