10. Marry Beyoncé.
And look at Beyoncé. Just look at her.
9. Hang out with this many awesome kids.
Even his kid friends are cooler than you. They live really, really hard knock lives, and they still get to sing in front of Bentleys.
8. Trick millions of people into buying his “last album.”
Only Brett Favre lied this much about his retirement. Jigga man has 99 problems, but apparently retiring is not one of them.
7. Name his daughter Blue Ivy
In 2007, he very clearly told me and the rest of the world that if he had a daughter he was going to call her Brooklyn Carter. At 0:37 this crowd knows what’s up. You lied, HOV. Again.
6. Sing a song with a former member of N Sync and not lose any street cred.
Pharell tried. I miss you, Pharell.
5. Rent a hospital ward.
Or buy it. Or whatever he did.
4. Own 20% of everything in Brooklyn.
Which brings me to my next point…
3. Take something from New Jersey and make it successful.
Jay-Z is the Emilio Estevez of our generation. Look at him. Standing in the middle of that crowd just throwing up the flying V.
Which brings me to my NEXT point…
2. Make hipsters like basketball.
Apparently so much so that they feel the need to post thoughtful selfies to express their love. And here I thought basketball was too mainstream.
1. Kick it with his homies. When his homies are these people.
Thank you, HOVA. For being you.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›