1. Min Min Lights is the name given to the mysterious lights which have been spotted numerous times in Outback Australia.
2. The name originates from the small settlement of Min Min, located between Boulia and Winton, where the lights were first spotted by a stockman in 1918.
3. The local towns around the area take great pride in the mysterious lights.
4. The fear of the lights have brought grown men to tears.
Australian neuroscientist Jack Pettigrew who has studied the lights stated the “old timers out there who had seen it and they were terrified by it…outback men can be brought to tears by this thing. It really is quite alarming.”
5. But what is it about these lights that make people fear going into the outback?
6. Stories have circulated for decades of the lights appearing in front of cars while driving in the outback.
8. Stories about the lights can be found in Aborigial myths dating back to before Western settlement. Long before it became folklore.
9. The sightings of these lights increased dramatically upon the arrival of the Europeans.
10. It is said that anyone who tried to chase the lights will never return to tell the tale.
11. Now you know why you’ve never heard anyone ever talk about this.
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.