40. “Inside Your Heaven” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
This was her winner’s single back in 2005. This power ballad didn’t play to her country roots but this did not stop it from shooting to the top of the Billboard Hot 100. This performance was from the finale of her winning season on American Idol.
39. “I Told You So” ft. Randy Travis - taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
Teaming up with country legend, Randy Travis to sing his song “I Told You So”, this gorgeous duet reached #2 on the Billboard US Country Charts. More importantly this lil’ number picked up a Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance by a Duo/Group. This performance was taken from the Grand Ole’ Opry.
38. “Remind Me”- Brad Paisley ft. Carrie Underwood
Another duet, this one is taken from Brad Paisley’s album “This Is Country Music”. It went to #1 on the US Hot Country Songs and cemented the chemistry between Carrie & Brad (they have hosted the CMA Awards for like 6 years in a row). They did another duet, which makes an appearance later on in the countdown.
37. “Ever Ever After” from the film “Enchanted”
Amy Adams played a magical princess lost in New York city and searching for her prince (Patrick Dempsey) and Carrie provided this cheesy yet catchy soundtrack. Its a lil’ guilty pleasure!
36. “Crazy Dreams” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
Awww… we have all been there! Looking into a mirror with a hairbrush in our hands and thinking we were the next global superstar! You can imagine our dismay that we end up writing Buzzfeeds such as this one when I’m supposed to be working. This song gently re-iterates that it is perfectly acceptable to dream big!!
35. “Some Hearts” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
The title track from her debut album and the most successful debut album by a country artist in the history of the Nielsen Soundscan Era… EVER! This performance was at the 2005 Billboard Music Awards.
34. “Mama’s Song” taken from the album “Play On”
Who out there wouldn’t want to pay the biggest compliment to their mum? Well Carrie did it by writing a song that went to #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 US Country charts… awwwwwwwwwwwww!
33. “Good in Goodbye” taken from the album “Blown Away”
On this track Carrie explores the choices that we as people make regarding the age old topic of love! A gorgeous thought provoker!
32. “Just Stand Up”- Stand Up to Cancer
Carrie held her own standing alongside powerhouse juggernauts such as Beyoncé, Leona Lewis, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige and many more to record this empowering anthem to people who are fighting cancer. Epic vocals!
31. “That’s Where it Is” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
“In a midnight talk, in a morning kiss, when I’m in your arms that’s where it is…”
30. “All-American Girl” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
Not that she needed to prove that she is the quintessential all-american girl next door, she went and recorded and released this charming #1 single! Accompanied by a great video too!
29. “Oh Love” taken from the album “5th Gear”
The second (and better in my opinion) of Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley’s duets. This song kind of gives me shivers every time I hear it… OK no kinda, I just shiver when I listen to it. Magic.
28. “Change” taken from the album “Play On”
This song asks us as a human race what things we would change in order to make somebody else’s life better. I think the opening verse sets the tone for the whole song to really ask yourself some questions. This performance was taken from “American Idol Gives Back”, a charity run by the show.
27. “Flat on the Floor” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
This Country Rock song really shows Carrie’s diversity as an artist. This is one of those songs that if you heard on the radio, you would wish your car stereo had more volume! And it you will be guaranteed to be singing it in your head for hours after hearing it!!
26. “It’s Only Rock & Roll” with the Rolling Stones.
She performed live, on stage, with the Rolling Stones. That is all.
25. “Just A Dream” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
This song became an anthem for the men, women and children who lost their loved ones as a result of the war in the Middle East. Poignant lyrics and a stellar vocal will leave you cherishing your loved ones even more than before!
24. “I Will Always Love You” with Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton paved the way for artists like Carrie so it was only a matter of time before the Queens of Country were singing together!
23. “One Way Ticket” taken from the album “Blown Away”
If this happy-go-lucky song doesn’t leave you smiling from ear-to-ear, you are just plain miserable!
22. “Quitter” taken from the album “Play On”
Quirky is definitely one word I would chose to describe this one… but I love it nonetheless… and so will you!
21. “I Ain’t in Checotah Anymore” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
Yup, originally a small-town girl from Checotah, Oklahoma (population 3,385), this is Carrie’s ode to her hometown! Awesome.
20. “Independence Day”
Originally a big hit for Martina McBride, Carrie sang this on Idol and it was the B-Side to her debut single “Inside Your Heaven”. Now very rarely you will get a cover that is better than the original, this is one of those covers!
19. “Temporary Home” taken from the album “Play On”
Carrie questions human mortality in this spine-tingler! Just stunning!
18. “Wasted” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
Another fantastic single from her debut album, the last chorus in particular should be given special attention when you are listening to it!
17. “So Small” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
Everything else just seems so small in comparison to personal happiness according to this one… anyone care to disagree?
16. “I Know You Won’t” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
This was the first song from the encore of the epic “Blown Away” tour! Do yourself a favour and skip to the last 3 minutes… sensational!
15. “Don’t Forget to Remember Me” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
A young girl goes off to college and this is the story of how she grows up on a daily basis! Resonates easily!
14. “Undo It” taken from the album “Play On”
Where can I start? Empowering and out and out rock country…easily the second best song taken from the “Play On” album.
13. “See You Again” taken from the album “Blown Away”
This song and video was released in tribute to the people who died when tornadoes ripped across the US in 2013, especially in Carrie’s home state of Oklahoma. This song can be universally applied… by far her most lyrically poignant song. Gorgeous.
12. “Cupid’s Got a Shotgun” taken from the album “Blown Away”
Just imagining the lil fairy with a shotgun in his hand is enough to warrant this tune’s place at number 12 but the song does live up to it’s name… aka AWESOME! Check out this performance live on Letterman.
11. “Undo It/Walk This Way” with Steven Tyler @ ACM Awards
10. “Leave Love Alone” taken from the album “Blown Away”
Personally I feel this is one of the best album tracks in her arsenal. Probably should have been released as a single, but hey let’s just enjoy it on Letterman.
9. “Last Name” taken from the album “Carnival Ride”
I think we have all had a “been there, done that” kinda feeling when we hear this classic taken from her second album. The song gave off promiscuous tones which was controversial given Carrie’s angelic persona… it’s an awesome tune!
8. “Cowboy Casanova” taken from the album “Play On”
The beat and guitar rift throughout this song are enough to get anyone on a dance-floor! The man trashing is also a bonus… WAKE UP GIRLS!
7. “Good Girl” taken from the album “Blown Away”
Her 11th consecutive #1 single on US Hot Country 100 and the opener for the 2012/2013 “Blown Away” tour, which I was lucky enough to go to, I’m tellin’ ye when the guitar in this song starts…. so do your legs! Just irresistibly good!
6. “Two Black Cadillacs” taken from the album “Blown Away”
Hell hath no fury like two women scorned and the darkest side of Carrie Underwood we have seen to date… she just cannot do any wrong!
5. “Earth Song” @ Grammy Awards, Michael Jackson Tribute
Carrie Underwood, Usher, Smokey Robinson, Jennifer Hudson & Celine Dion were the 5 people chosen to pay homage to the tragic King of Pop… WOW!!!
4. “Jesus Take the Wheel” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
One of her more globally recognized singles, this was her first #1 on the US Country Hot 100… and to this day it is still just as beautiful and hopeful!
3. “Blown Away” taken from the album “Blown Away”
Power-ballad, anthem, revenge and just plain epic! That is all. An awesome video to join a classic song! Her musical mood is getting darker and it is impeccable!
2. “How Great Thou Art”
I wanted this to be #1 on this list but I figured I better pick one of her own songs to fill that slot. Nonetheless this is (in my opinion) the greatest live female vocal in the history of music! Like, Ever. Ever!
1. “Before He Cheats” taken from the album “Some Hearts”
This is the fifth best selling country music single OF ALL TIME!!!! It put Carrie Underwood on the map and is easily her most recognized song and for good reason.. It gives off the the whole “Hell hath no fury…” signals and its just an awesome track! Don’t mess with this woman… All Hail Queen of Country Ms. Carrie Underwood!
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›