Houston Rockets point guard and mega-icon Jeremy Lin was in Taiwan last week with David Lee of the Golden State Warriors, and they eventually had to scratch the basketball itch. So Lin made a video about his late-night escape to a local Taipei streetball court.
Some parts of the video were staged, some were organic. All were ridiculous.
2. Tired of hiding from the paparazzi, Jeremy grew weary of his Taipei hotel room.
3. So Jeremy woke up David Lee, because it’s time to BALL.
4. But how will a pair of NBA hoopers sneak past a crowd of nosy photographers?
5. A giant Hello Kitty head, of course. Taiwanese people won’t recognize David Lee anyway.
6. Undetected, J-Lin hopped in his whip and cruised to the Xinsheng Courts.
8. GAME TIME! The locals must have been thrilled to play amongst two NBA players.
9. What? Jeremy Lin and David Lee are on the same team against a bunch of teenagers? THAT’S NOT FAIR!
10. Seriously, David Lee just dunked all over everyone.
12. Nope. Blowout. When former New York Knicks come to Taipei, they come to win.
13. At least Jeremy had some nice parting words for the crowd (which had grown immense).
14. He then lobbed his shoes like grenades into the crowd. This kid even got a spot on the news.
15. You can see the whole thing here.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›