1. This is Myles Crosby. He’s the newest member of the Southern Methodist University football team. He’s also a world famous male model.
You may recognize Crosby from the pages of Esquire or GQ. As a high-schooler, Crosby became a renowned male model for Calvin Klein products, and models.com currently ranks him as the 11th in a list of the top 50 working male models. According to the Dallas Morning News, he could pull in a six-figure income if he chose to — but Crosby’s also pretty good at football.
Crosby racked up more than 100 tackles in his senior season at Colleyville Heritage in Texas, a 5-A school. So instead of chasing money, Crosby’s going to put his very valuable body on the line and keep playing football.
This modeling crap could only last another year and then I’d have no education and never get to play football. I’d regret it for the rest of my life.
4. You might think Crosby will be picked on by teammates and opponents for being a male model, but… his work speaks for itself. He’ll probably post this on his locker.
H/T David Just at the Dallas Morning News.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.