Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn was airlifted today after a horrendous accident in the super-G event of the 2013 World Championships in Austria. According to the Alpine Press, doctors on site suspect she suffered a tibial plateau fracture as her knee twisted violently. Warning: The video is a little scary.
3. Vonn was bundled up and attached to a helicopter, which then flew her to a hospital.
5. This was the reaction of Tina Maze, who completed her run just before Vonn.
UPDATE: Vonn suffered a torn ACL and MCL in her right knee, as well as a lateral tibial plateau fracture, which could impact her status for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- Game on: the Denver Broncos are playing the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl 50. We're bringing you the play-by-play 🏈🙌
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."