Olympic gold medalist Lindsey Vonn was airlifted today after a horrendous accident in the super-G event of the 2013 World Championships in Austria. According to the Alpine Press, doctors on site suspect she suffered a tibial plateau fracture as her knee twisted violently. Warning: The video is a little scary.
3. Vonn was bundled up and attached to a helicopter, which then flew her to a hospital.
5. This was the reaction of Tina Maze, who completed her run just before Vonn.
UPDATE: Vonn suffered a torn ACL and MCL in her right knee, as well as a lateral tibial plateau fracture, which could impact her status for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›