Biggie vs. Tupac. Nas vs. Jay-Z. Snoop Dogg vs. sobriety. All are legendary hip-hop beefs, but last night, Wale picked a fight with Toronto Raptors broadcast announcer Matt Devlin in what may be the biggest (and dumbest) feud of them all.
2. Rapper Wale was in attendance to watch the Washington Wizards host the Toronto Raptors. Apparently, Wale and new Raptor Rudy Gay are pals.
3. While running back on defense, Gay responded to something Wale had said earlier in the night.
5. Devlin misunderstood the interaction, and explained to the audience he thought that Wale may have been heckling Gay.
Unbeknownst to Devlin, lots of people on Twitter have heard of Wale. He’s got 2.7 million Twitter followers.
8. Devlin then took it to another level.
With his honor challenged, Wale approached the announcer’s booth in the third quarter hoping to have a word with Devlin.
12. Devlin was welcoming, unaware of the shot he had fired.
13. Luckily a Drake doppelgänger held Wale back.
Whatever Wale actually said couldn’t be heard on the television broadcast, but we imagine it was something like this.
So, like any self-respecting local rapper, Wale got the final word on Twitter.
Wale later explained to DeMar DeRozan that he picked a fight with a television announcer because it was “a slow night.”
H/T Larry Brown at Larry Brown Sports
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.