1. This is Jonathan Walters, striker for Stoke City of the Premier League. Your weekend was much better than his.
2. Stoke hosted Chelsea on Saturday and looked to remain unbeaten at home this season. Walters wasted little time before kicking the ball off his own face.
3. Stoke kept the game scoreless until just before halftime, when Walters charged in from outside the box to score a stunning diving header… into his own goal.
Impressive finish, nonetheless.
4. In the second half, a relentless Walters worked himself into a great attacking position scored a tidy header… in his own goal.
5. With just a few minutes left to play and Stoke down by 4, Chelsea’s John Terry conceded a penalty. That gave Walters a chance to salvage some of his dignity.
Until he missed.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›