1. This is Jonathan Walters, striker for Stoke City of the Premier League. Your weekend was much better than his.
2. Stoke hosted Chelsea on Saturday and looked to remain unbeaten at home this season. Walters wasted little time before kicking the ball off his own face.
3. Stoke kept the game scoreless until just before halftime, when Walters charged in from outside the box to score a stunning diving header… into his own goal.
Impressive finish, nonetheless.
4. In the second half, a relentless Walters worked himself into a great attacking position scored a tidy header… in his own goal.
5. With just a few minutes left to play and Stoke down by 4, Chelsea’s John Terry conceded a penalty. That gave Walters a chance to salvage some of his dignity.
Until he missed.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›