1. This is Jonathan Walters, striker for Stoke City of the Premier League. Your weekend was much better than his.
2. Stoke hosted Chelsea on Saturday and looked to remain unbeaten at home this season. Walters wasted little time before kicking the ball off his own face.
3. Stoke kept the game scoreless until just before halftime, when Walters charged in from outside the box to score a stunning diving header… into his own goal.
Impressive finish, nonetheless.
4. In the second half, a relentless Walters worked himself into a great attacking position scored a tidy header… in his own goal.
5. With just a few minutes left to play and Stoke down by 4, Chelsea’s John Terry conceded a penalty. That gave Walters a chance to salvage some of his dignity.
Until he missed.
- A judge ruled that Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will not have to recuse herself from the trial in the death of Freddie Gray. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›