1. Amateur soccer players for Voukefalas, a small club in central Greece, wear advertisements for local brothels to help keep the team afloat financially.
An amateur Greek soccer team, in the midst of an economic crisis that nearly folded the club, now sports jerseys emblazoned with the logos of local brothels “Villa Erotica,” and “Soula’s House of History,” according to the Associated Press.
The owner of the brothels, elderly Ms. Soula Alevridou, promises the players — all of whom have regular day jobs in addition to playing soccer — a “special time” at her brothels if they win.
It’s not the kind of business that needs promotion. It’s a word-of-mouth kind of thing…. If we don’t help our scientists and athletes, where will we be?
The partnership has understandably ruffled a few feathers, despite the fact that prostitution is completely legal in Greece. League administrators are trying to ban the uniforms, stating that they are inappropriate for younger fans (because, apparently, a foot-long patch of text that reads “Villa Erotica” is just way over the line.)
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
You know stuff is bad when you rely on the sponsorship of a brothel to stay afloat, and with the economic crisis getting worse, it seems like the professional whores of Greece, for once, are the ones paying. Funny considering how much these men have probably spent on celebratory blow jobs, it appears their getting a refund… http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2012/10/whore-house-are-now-sponsoring-your-favorite-greek-soccer-team/
- berenice thinks A Cash-Strapped Greek Soccer Team Is ... is WTF & LOL
- VR thinks A Cash-Strapped Greek Soccer Team Is ... is LOL
- mingwing88 A Cash-Strapped Greek Soccer Team Is ...
- hwh97 thinks A Cash-Strapped Greek Soccer Team Is ... is WTF
- alexy thinks A Cash-Strapped Greek Soccer Team Is ... is Win