If you’re from the South, chances are you have a love affair with Publix. Seriously, this is about the only thing I miss since moving to New York. Every time I walk into a Gristedes, I want to sob away the pain of overpriced cereal and lack of product diversity. The worst part is that Northerners cannot sympathize with you, and often just don’t get it.
Well I’m here to tell you why Publix is the best.
1. Publix subs are the epitome of perfect.
Really, the list could stop here. But I’ll keep going.
2. And Publix cookies are heavenly.
Sugar cookies with sprinkles are awesome, but it’s all about the chocolate chip.
3. The stores are incredibly clean.
Spotless, I tell you. SPOTLESS.
6. And honestly, their own brand is better than most of the established products.
9. They make the CUTEST commercials.
Please watch these. It will make your heart melt.
I couldn’t find this one earlier, but luckily a good samaritan sent it over. Thanksgiving is nothing without this commercial.
11. Their aisles actually make sense.
Shame on you, Gristedes.
Bottom line, everyone loves Publix.
If you don’t believe me, look at these user comments.
Which means I can’t have a sub for lunch.
You can like Publix on facebook here.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›