1. Goldens were bred to retrieve, so you know they can play a good game of catch.
2. They also love the water, which makes them a great companion on summer days at the pool.
3. Their intelligence allows them to fill a variety of roles, including service dogs for the blind.
4. They also comfort people and help aid relief efforts.
Like the residents of Newtown after the tragic shooting last December.
My heart. It hurts.
5. Goldens are basically the ultimate family dog.
6. They’re the best kind of holiday gift you can get.
Only if you promise to commit and take care of them!
7. Let’s not forget how ADORABLE they are as puppies.
10. And then they grow up looking like this. What a perfect specimen.
13. Did we mention how athletic they are?
14. And famous.
I don’t even know how many movies Air Bud made at this point.
15. Shadow from Homeward Bound is basically the spokesdog for all Golden Retrievers.
That moment he fell near the train tracks, and you didn’t know what was going to happen…
And when Shadow came through the woods, the tears POURED.
If you didn’t cry during this scene, you don’t have a heart.
And on that note…
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›