1. Tacos are a pure expression of flavor.
Because of the way they’re built, burritos are naturally divided into layers of ingredients. In a taco you get every ingredient in every bite
2. You can apply salsa once to the whole dang taco.
Pouring salsa from a little cup before every bite is a total messy drag, man
3. Tacos allow for an incredible diversity of flavor in a single meal.
Tacos are a tasting menu, and burritos are a big bowl of porridge
4. You can bedazzle your taco like a smartphone case at a kiosk in the mall.
In this simile, pickled onions are pink rhinestones
5. Nobody is gonna put french fries in a taco.
The California Burrito is an abomination - if I wanted soggy potatoes in the middle of my meal I would have microwaved some tater tots.
6. Tacos allow one ingredient to shine without rice, beans, and/or lettuce as a distraction.
Just say no to mushy filler, twice-fried legumes, and wilted greenery.
7. Handmade tortillas.
A good tortilla is a unique pleasure, and with all the mess in a burrito you never get the opportunity to taste it.
8. You can eat a taco with just one hand.
Which leaves the other hand free to do all sorts of fun things, like drive*.
- Actually, don’t do that.
9. You can have one taco as a snack or three for a meal, but there’s no such thing as a burrito appetizer.
If you do eat burritos as appetizers, you may need to think about your life choices.