1. There are motorbikes instead of cars.
Cool riders are so much better than greased lightnings.
2. The Pink Ladies Pledge.
“The Pink Ladies Pledge: to act cool, to look cool and to be cool. ‘Til death do us part - think pink!”
3. Choreographed basketball dancing.
Decades before Zac Efron ever tried it in High School Musical.
4. Feminist progress.
In Grease 2, the boy changes in order to get the girl, rather than the girl changing her identity to please the boy.
5. This comedic power couple.
Principal McGee and Blanche are in fine form for the sequel.
6. Frenchie is back and even more hopeless.
She’s gone back to study chemistry so she can mix her own cosmetics. Hilarity ensues.
She’s sexy and she can bowl like a pro.
8. The whole bowling scene is amazing.
We’re gonna score tonight!
9. Johnny is a loveable wanker.
You love to hate him and hate to love him.
10. Michelle Pfeiffer has all the right moves.
All she wants is a cool rider, is that too much to ask?
11. There is an entire song about reproduction.
And yes, those hand gestures imitate a sperm penetrating an egg.
12. The love-story is totally like Romeo and Juliet.
And road safety doesn’t appear to be an issue.
13. The T-Birds are more suave than ever.
Walk, talk like a T-Bird.
14. Stephanie’s emotional breakdown.
She thinks Michael is dead so she interrupts the talent show with a ballad. Drama!
15. The chemistry, oh the chemistry!
And yes, that is a luau in the background.
16. Bowling nuns!
Need I say more?
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.