1. At the moment of conception, you had a unique set of DNA that never previously existed in the history of the world. YOLO.
2. Your hair and eye color and facial features were also determined.
3. By 22 days after conception, your heart was already beating and for some, with a different blood type than their mother.
4. At 6 weeks after conception, you had detectable brain waves.
5. By 7 weeks, you were swimming.
6. By 8 weeks, every major organ was in place.
7. By 10 weeks, you could hiccup.
8. By 12 weeks, you could suck your thumb.
9. And you looked like this.
10. By 15 weeks, you developed taste buds.
For real. You had developed adult taste buds.
11. By 17 weeks, you could experience REM sleep.
12. By 20 weeks, you could feel pain.
13. Over the next few weeks, your mother felt an increase in your movements.
14. If born premature at this stage, you could survive.
15. In months 7-9, you could open and close your eyes.
16. Then at 9 months, you were born. (Obvs)
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.