1. 1. Because this dog I saw in the West Village is nailing his impersonation of the nearby mailbox.
3. 3. Because every time I take a photo someone is taking a photo of me
4. 4. Because when traffic is stopped on the Brooklyn Bridge, it turns the city into Tim Burton-era Gotham
10. 10. Because when they put the spire on One World Trade Center, it looked like something from a sci-fi film
15. 15. …and this dog who was obsessed with squirrels in Washington Square Park
I love dogs in any city - but it’s really the dogs-per-square-mile that sets New York apart.
23. 23. Because of New York’s participation in the “Little Free Library” program
24. 24. Because this man with a bagel-colored coat walked past the bagel cart
I do recognize a Carhartt jacket when I see one - I’m from Ohio!
25. 25. Because of the view of Lower Manhattan from the Brooklyn Promenade
26. 26. Because this is how the NYPD saves money on multi-car pursuits
27. 27. Because a few days out of the year, the sun lines up pretty well with the grid in Manhattan
Read more here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattanhenge
29. 29. Because the Irish Hunger Memorial looks like a real Irish hillside in the middle of Lower Manhattan
Read more about it here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Hunger_Memorial
30. 30. Because one time I turned and saw this guy stealthily sneaking up on me
31. 31. …and another time the unlicensed Cookie Monster was staring at me as I came up out of the subway
33. 33. Because after Hurricane Sandy I lost power and walked north toward the light
34. 34. Because you can buy fruit (and other groceries) without ever leaving the sidewalk
37. 37. Because there are a dozen breakfast-all-day spots within walking distance
38. 38. Because some buildings change their skin seasonally, like this one in SoHo
39. 39. …and occasionally you catch a glimpse of greatness through the scaffolding
41. 41. …and once a week I get to see this
43. 43. …and Tristan Eaton’s “Audrey of Mulberry”
Check out Tristan Eaton’s work.