1. It would be easy for me to blame the internet, but that feels like blame-shifting to me. The tendency to compare comes from within. (The internet is a tool that we use to harm ourselves at times.)
2. Worth noting many people don’t have this aforementioned access to the internet, but you do if you are reading this. (I am grateful for the internet.)
3. Every new car, every vacation, every home-cooked meal, every good hair day, every promotion, every new home, every renovated kitchen, every sunny day - in fact, with #tbt, we all see every great memory.
4. I really like this video on the same subject.
5. If you want to read more about cultivating gratitude, I like this article.
6. Related: I’ve also written about seeking contentment before, as it is a big part of my faith tradition.
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›