1. ICYMI: NARAL Pro-Choice America announced that Google responded to our request to remove deceptive ads from “crisis pregnancy centers” (CPCs).
CPCs are anti-choice fake clinics that mislead women about where they can find accurate information about their reproductive health options and abortion services. More than two-thirds of the ads we identified have now been removed or taken down!
2. The anti-choice movement has wasted no time to attack Google for upholding their common-sense policy, and protecting their internet users from such deceptive ads.
Some anti-choice activists straight up deny that CPCs lie to and shame women out of choosing abortion care:
3. But the deception is obvious. When we searched for “abortion clinic” one of the top Google ads that popped up was for a crisis pregnancy center that does not provide abortion care. How much more misleading can you get?
4. One anti-choice organization that funds a lot of CPC advertisements offline joined the “we’re not part of the ‘War on Women’” bandwagon and tweeted that women are safer when they’re being lied to by CPCs about their reproductive health:
5. Several anti-choice activists complained that Google violated their free speech (to lie):
7. Some even suggested boycotting Google:
9. Crisis pregnancy centers are welcome to advertise all they want under terms like “abortion alternatives.” But that’s not what CPCs are about, and that’s why we need to stand with Google for taking action to protect truth in advertising.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Authorities reportedly raided the Indiana home of Jared Fogle, the face of many Subway sandwich advertisements.