1. RiFF RAFF’s debut album for Mad Decent, NEON iCON, has been a long time in the making.
But the whole, piercingly blue-eyed thing is finally dropping on June 24, via Mad Decent and Lyor Cohen’s newly launched 300.
2. “No other artist can be a NEON iCON. I mean you can wear neon. You can mimic all my moves. But it will never be the same cosmo zone as RiFF RAFF aka JODY HiGHROLLER aka The NEON iCON.” RiFF RAFF said via email.
3. Like RiFF RAFF, the album’s songs are beautifully detailed and fantastically unreal all at once.
NEON iCON has stories about cocaine, stories about bi-curious mermaids, and shoutouts to Reese Witherspoon. There’s introspective singing and arrogant rapping and a lot of mystery. And jokes aside, the beats are legit.
5. Love him or hate him, no one dreams bigger than this.
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issued several marriage licenses to same-sex couples today. ›