1. RiFF RAFF’s debut album for Mad Decent, NEON iCON, has been a long time in the making.
But the whole, piercingly blue-eyed thing is finally dropping on June 24, via Mad Decent and Lyor Cohen’s newly launched 300.
2. “No other artist can be a NEON iCON. I mean you can wear neon. You can mimic all my moves. But it will never be the same cosmo zone as RiFF RAFF aka JODY HiGHROLLER aka The NEON iCON.” RiFF RAFF said via email.
3. Like RiFF RAFF, the album’s songs are beautifully detailed and fantastically unreal all at once.
NEON iCON has stories about cocaine, stories about bi-curious mermaids, and shoutouts to Reese Witherspoon. There’s introspective singing and arrogant rapping and a lot of mystery. And jokes aside, the beats are legit.
5. Love him or hate him, no one dreams bigger than this.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."