1. Last summer, the star R&B producer behind songs for Beyoncé, Trey Songz, and Usher released his debut solo EP, Discrete Luxury.
The album’s all about how love and sex play out in the cutthroat world of the 1%. “Discrete luxury is when you realize: I’m in the thick of it, this is the game, this is the beast, I’m in the big league now,” Love explained last year.
2. The album’s big single is “They Don’t Know,” a give-no-fucks celebration of Rico’s mistress.
5. The video was inspired by the bawdy flossiness of Puff Daddy’s shiny suit era.
“I’ve been waiting my whole life to make this video,” Rico Love, who is 31, told BuzzFeed. “I grew up idolizing Puffy and the whole Bad Boy movement. I dreamt of being in visuals like Craig Mack’s “Flava In Ya Ear” or G-Dep’s “Let’s Get It,” to name a few. Those flashy, fly, performance-driven visuals made me fall in love with fashion and excess.”
6. Watch the “They Don’t Know (Remix)” video, directed by Erik White:
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- NATO is sending boats to the Aegean Sea to try to help combat the migrant and refugee crisis.