2. “That’s My Man,” a collaboration with Pharrell, is her bubble-popping contribution to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 soundtrack.
It sounds like a never-turnt-down take on “Anniemal”-era Annie, or taking off your shoes when it’s hot out.
3. Pharrell produced the song and recorded vocals for its original demo.
“His inflections and character in his voice are gold. I’ve always looked up to him and he happens to have been very instrumental in the careers of some of my biggest influences: Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Britney,” LIZ said in an email. “Pharrell just oozes cool and is so incredibly supportive and down for me. He and I plan on doing more work together very soon.”
4. Honestly, if summer music has an all-time king, it’s this guy.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️