1. Back on June 10, rap overlord/cheerleader DJ Khaled predicted that the Miami Heat would win the NBA Finals. The Heat had already lost one game to the San Antonio Spurs. Khaled blamed this on the Spurs having cut off the air conditioning.
2. “The heat winning period,” Khaled said on ESPN.
He continued: “We champions. We always gon win. We gon win the series. We got King James…It’s over. We winning tonight. We winning the next game. And then we going to San Antonio, where they turned the AC off. They won that one game cause they were cheaters. They won, but they cheated.”
3. Bad call! After Khaled’s ESPN interview, the Heat won no games. Call it the #DJKhaledCurse.
Ultimately, the Spurs won the Finals 4-1, on June 15.
6. Today King James announced his decision to leave Miami for Cleveland.
- Greece appears to have voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.