1. The U.S. defeated Ghana 2-1 in its World Cup opener Monday, claiming redemption after being knocked out by Ghana the past two times. Here is how fans reacted:
2. This is what it was like in the stadium as the final whistle blew:
12. And they believe that the U.S. will win.
13. Because this just isn’t some country. This is the “mighty, mighty U.S.”
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.