1. This afternoon soccer fans were gifted with a rematch of the 2010 World Cup Final: Spain vs. Netherlands. What actually happened was a murder. The Dutch killed the defending champions and strolled to an easy 5-1 victory in their 2014 World Cup debut.
2. After falling to an early deficit, the Dutch responded with one of the most beautiful goals in World Cup history when Robin van Persie made a diving header from the 18-yard box.
3. After that, it was all Oranje. And after three straight goals, the play-by-play announcer even proclaimed “Spain’s embarrassment is complete.” Less than 10 minutes later, Netherlands scored again.
4. It was a massive statement by the Netherlands and the worst loss by a defending champ in World Cup history.
- France and Russia have agreed to coordinate their airstrikes with the U.S. against ISIS. ›
- Adele's record-breaking album "25" has now sold more than 3 million copies in the U.S. ›