Fallon Fox, born Boyd Burton, is a 37-year-old transgender athlete who fathered a daughter and served in the Navy before transitioning. Now her job is to fight women.
During a recent interview with GQ magazine, Fox opened up about her life as a transgender professional MMA fighter. Here are a few of the highlights:
9. On her first pro fight as a transgender woman:
10. After her first opponent chose Aerosmith’s “Dude (Looks Like a Lady)” as her entrance music:
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›