Hockey players have a reputation for being tough, brutal, manly men. And for the most part, that stereotype holds up. But among the people who cover sports, they’re also consistently considered the most approachable and friendly athletes in any league. Here are some of the reasons why.
24. Because they go out of their way to make their fans happy.
23. Almost as a matter of routine.
22. All the time.
21. In the big business of sports, just acknowledging that the fans are there at all can mean a whole lot.
13. And that includes the most reserved players in the league.
6. And know that even the smallest gesture, like getting your nails painted…
5. Or saying hello…
1. And no matter what, a handshake is always necessary.
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›