Hockey players have a reputation for being tough, brutal, manly men. And for the most part, that stereotype holds up. But among the people who cover sports, they’re also consistently considered the most approachable and friendly athletes in any league. Here are some of the reasons why.
24. Because they go out of their way to make their fans happy.
23. Almost as a matter of routine.
22. All the time.
5. Or saying hello…
1. And no matter what, a handshake is always necessary.
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- Venezuela is reporting hospitalizations and three deaths as the Zika virus, which is linked to birth defects, spreads.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.