2. Most grew up in a city, currently live in a city, and wish to do so in the future.
4. Gen Y wants a majority of their home dedicated to gathering & communal spaces.
5. They consider the dining room to be the least utilized space in the house.
6. Millennials prefer to have a shower rather than a bathtub.
9. They have a car but would be willing to live in a community that limits or prohibits personal vehicles.
10. Gen Y is concerned about energy conservation and would be willing to use renewable energy in their homes.
The students used this information to design the Gen Y Eco Home. The house uses minimal construction materials and has a small footprint.
To accomodate the small floorplan, the house features a SuperWall that contains all the necessary technology for living, collapsable walls and folding furniture. A large outdoor patio increases living space.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!