1. First impressions are kind of a big deal.
When people first meet you, they’re going to judge you. That’s just science.
5. If necessary, take a moment to get it together.
6. Then slowly open the door and enter.
7. Maintain good posture. Walk with your head up, your shoulders down, and smile.
9. And definitely don’t put your head down, slouch, or try to make yourself invisible.
10. Instead of bolting for the warm safety of alcohol or food…
11. …calmly survey the room. Let people see you.
14. A sharp outfit always helps you feel more self-assured.
16. Still anxious? Don’t be! Remember, everyone else is probably just as nervous.
17. Most important, smile and be friendly and people will naturally be attracted to you.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›