1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
- Thousands of rallies for climate change action took place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris.›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›