1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
Deputy Editorial Director, Devout Member of the Church of Godney
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty, his attorney said. He is accused of killing nine people at a Charleston church in June.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.