1. In 1972, the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare and NASA started a television network meant to be an “informative/instructional network focused on providing real education through the medium of TV.”
3. In 1980 the network was privatized and became “The Learning Channel.”
5. They showed programs like these:
7. The channel concentrated on educational programming until the late ’90s when it started shifting focus.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. has formally requested that Switzerland extradite 7 top FIFA officials who were arrested in Zurich in May.
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- Leaders of the U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, have voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.