7. The noise.
8. Let’s break this down.
10. But there’s something completely flawed about comparing Ariana to Britney Spears. At 21, Ariana has had a legit fraction of accomplishment compared to Britney at the same age.
11. I digress.
12. By the time Britney turned 21, the same age Ariana is now, she had already sold more than 60 million albums over the course of three No. 1 albums.
13. Remember this album? Of course you do. It’s iconic. The Oops album still holds the record for the most albums EVER SOLD by a female artist in its debut week with over 1.3 million albums sold.
In comparison, Ariana Grande’s last album sold 138,000 albums in the first week. *Scoffs*
14. By 21, Britney had a series of legendary performances under her belt.
15. There has been no other artist to culturally impact the VMAs quite like she did.
16. She basically made them her bitch.
17. Print-wise, her impact was nothing less than iconic. Take for example, Rolling Stone.
18. She basically invented the magazine.
20. Five times.
21. Tour-wise, the comparison is not. even. there. because Ariana has yet to *really* tour.
23. I mean, it doesn’t get much better than this.
24. We also can’t forget the 2002 cinematic classic Crossroads.
26. The most talked-about relationship of all time.
29. Basically, Ariana could never.
30. A future star? Yes. The modern-day Britney. No way.
- The Republican candidates for president will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time after Donald Trump's runaway win in the New Hampshire primaries.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.