1. Hanson stopped by the BuzzFeed offices to help solve some mysteries from their past…
3. Let’s just say, shit got real.
4. Mystery 1: Where did you get a suit made of leather? Or maybe pleather?
5. Mystery solved:
Taylor Hanson: No, this is leather, leather. That right there is a baby cow. That is an entire baby cow. PETA is about to call me; they’re going to come to my house. I am a fan of good leather.
Isaac Hanson: Was that John Cirpess or Lord’s or somebody?
Taylor: It wasn’t Lord’s… It’s terrible, I don’t remember the name of the designer… It was a small boutique downtown. You basically need to have a couple thousand dollars to throw at your look. We had a really good friend who helped us do some styling. She essentially would knock on as many doors as possible and say, “Hey, do you wanna dress these guys?” I love that jacket too — that’s a fantastic jacket. Still have it too.
8. Mystery solved:
Isaac: That was the photographer’s dog.
Zac Hanson: And the photographer’s name was Amy Mary…
Isaac: James? Cannot remember her last name.
Zac: The dog is in the band. His name is Apples. He’s in the studio right now.
Taylor: We have an Apples pillow; we have a dog pillow that we keep in our studio.
Isaac: It’s a Boston terrier; it’s a reference to “How do you like them apples?”
10. Mystery 3: What caused this ferocious Zac attack?
11. Mystery solved:
Zac: It had to do with the fact that I’m — and especially when I was younger, I was really obnoxious.
Taylor: Because of sugar. He responds to sugar in a very distinct way.
Zac: I’m not sure if Taylor’s defending himself or attacking me.
Taylor: This is what happened: We were standing there in London, at Trafalgar Square. Zac was standing probably over here and did one of those, “Hey, guys!”
Zac: You may think it’s Taylor grabbing, pulling me, but it’s actually Taylor trying to save himself from falling.
Taylor: I’m being victimized by Zac.
13. Mystery 4: What the fuck did they do to your faces?
14. Mystery solved:
Zac: There’s just something wrong with everyone. Taylor’s nose looks like he’s got some sort of fungal infection where it’s growing.
16. Mystery 5: Where do you get a field of people-sized mutant daisies?
17. Mystery solved:
Taylor: It’s next to the Wizard of Oz.
20. Mystery solved:
Taylor: I’m just the mistreated Hanson.
22. Mystery 7: Who took away Taylor’s Seinfeld shirt?
23. Mystery solved:
Taylor: I was left out of that, again.
26. Mystery solved:
Zac: Hold on, hold on. Notice that my shirt has four stripes? And is a T-shirt, V-neck? Isaac is wearing a zip-up — green, with three black stripes and three white stripes. Not the same shirt. His is a pullover.
Taylor: The truth is, the stripes, that was such a thing. There are some key style choices. I’m like, “Hey, I’m playing sports here but I’m really loose here.” Isaac’s more like, training in his tracksuit.
29. Mystery solved:
Isaac: Do you remember that? I have no idea what that is.
Taylor: We were given that by someone during a press tour.
Zac: You know what it is? That has got to be a homemade statue of the man from Milwaukee.
Taylor: You’re probably right. That is exactly what that is.
Isaac: That is exactly what that is.
Zac: This is a fan-made, probably clay, statue of the character from the bonus track off Middle to Nowhere.
31. Mystery 10: What did Isaac want?
32. *Isaac thinks about it*
33. *He recreates the moment in an attempt to remember*
34. Really, what did you always want?
35. Mystery solved:
Isaac: I blame the photographers. They were always like, “Do something!” and I’m like, “I don’t know!” What I really wanted to do was give the finger.
37. Then they all got in on the act:
43. Mystery solved:
Taylor: Why is this so weird? As a fan, I think it’s just us recreating the Beatles cover.
Isaac: It’s also the Anthem cover.
Taylor: The thing about photos taken of you over the years is that they take on a second life because they go on to someone else’s Photoshop thing.
45. Mystery 12: Did Zac make it safely to his BMX race in outer space after the show?
46. Mystery solved:
Isaac: No, no, no. We don’t BMX. We motocross.
49. Mystery solved:
Taylor: It’s kind of Barbra Streisand-y. I feel like we’re gonna go record our classic covers album.
52. Mystery solved:
Isaac: I don’t know why… They had a corner but they blew out the light so much you couldn’t even see it.
55. Mystery solved:
Zac: If I did that now it would be so hip, like white-guy gangster style.
Taylor: Because Zac was the first gangster, the first white-guy gangster.
Isaac: You could get cornrows.
58. Mystery solved:
Taylor: He’s actually our dad.
Zac: That’s not even Taylor’s hand.
DUN DUN DUN.
And that’s it…for now.
Unfortunately, we still don’t have an answer to this question:
66. Does that ladder go all the way to heaven?
Until next time — WE LOVE YOU, HANSON!
All Hanson photos by Macey J Foronda.
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›