1. Subway Smell (adj.): The distinct smell that clings and lingers for hours or days to one that eats at Subway restaurants. The cause of the smell is currently unknown. (See also: life’s mysteries.)
2. If you’ve eaten at Subway, you’ve been there before:
5. Even the elderly are catching on:
6. Scientifically, it takes about 5 minutes of exposure to a Subway restaurant for the smell to cling.
11. And it’s ability to stick is strangely impressive.
14. For some, the smell is extreme.
16. There is another phenomenon directly related to the “Subway Smell” called “The Subway Struggle”:
20. There are few out there that actually enjoy this smell:
23. This person even described it as “captivating”:
24. And it made this person “moist”:
25. But those people are rare. The majority can’t stand it.
32. As of today, there is no actual remedy for the smell. It will stick to you as long as it wants to stick to you.
33. In conclusion, I just want you to know, YOU ARE NOT ALONE:
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›