1. OK, so, you know “The Notebook”?
2. Blah blah blah these two fall in love.
3. Years later, the woman gets dementia, and the man reads his diary to her, hoping that she’ll remember who he is.
4. And then you cry. You cry hard.
Well, THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING IN REAL LIFE.
6. On Oct. 4, 1941, Jack Potter wrote in his journal that he danced with a very nice lady at a wartime dance, and he hoped he would run into her again.
Mr. Potter told the Daily Mail: “She was an excellent dance partner and an older woman — I thought she was wonderful and I still do. It was definitely love at first sight, everything fell into place. It was uncanny really.”
7. Sixteen months later, the two were married. They’ve been together ever since.
He says: “‘We have been together forever, we had no children it was just us two.”
8. Throughout the past 70 years, Jack has kept a diary of their stories and inside jokes.
9. More recently, Phyllis was diagnosed with dementia. Just like in “The Notebook,” Jack has taken to reading his diary to Phyllis at the nursing home where she now lives.
10. Jack says, “I often take the diaries of our time caravanning and show her the pictures, she enjoys that. Whenever I turn up to see her she stretches her arms out to hug me — she is very affectionate — despite being so unwell.”
11. He continues, “Phyllis struggles to speak and I will often read to her and chat to her but she struggles to respond.”
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️