1. “Suspicious behavior” IS NOT “Just walking around looking about.”
George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, called 911 to report Trayvon Martin as a suspicious person. He told the cops Trayvon was “JUST WALKING AROUND LOOKING ABOUT.”
2. In reality, Trayvon Martin had a bag of Skittles and a can of iced tea. Zimmerman had a 9 millimeter handgun.
Sound suspicious to you?
3. The 911 operator told Zimmerman that officers were being dispatched and NOT TO PURSUE THE BOY.
He was told NOT TO PURSUE HIM, yet he still did.
4. Zimmerman has called 911 46 TIMES since January 2011.
He reported ‘disturbances, break-ins, windows left open and other incidents.’
5. In his 911 call George Zimmerman may have used a racial slur.
You can listen to the phone call here. It sounds like he says “fucking coons.”
6. George Zimmerman has a violent past yet was still allowed to WALK AROUND FREELY WITH A GUN.
Zimmerman had a previous charge in 2005 of battery on a police officer while interfering with the arrest of a friend. His ex-girlfriend had also filed a restraining order on him for domestic abuse. For some reason, he was ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND FREELY WITH A GUN.
7. Zimmerman is using the “stand your ground” law as his defense. Critics say the “stand your ground” law basically gives a person a license to kill.
8. When the “stand your ground” law was passed, critics said it could encourage racially motivated killings and promote deadly escalations of arguments.
“All this bill will do is sell more guns and possibly turn Florida into the OK Corral,” said Democratic state Rep. Irv Slosberg of Boca Raton in 2005.