1. This will be Algeria’s fourth World Cup appearance.
In addition to this year, Africa’s largest country has appeared in the World Cup in 1982, 1986, and 2010.
2. They were the first African nation to defeat a European nation at the World Cup when they beat West Germany back in 1982.
The Algerian’s first appearance at the World Cup began with a huge 2-1 upset over the heavily favored and incredibly arrogant West German side, who joked prior to the match that, “we will dedicate our seventh goal to our wives, and the eighth to our dogs.”
3. However they haven’t scored a World Cup goal since 1986.
The Algerians didn’t score a single goal during their 2010 trip to South Africa.
4. These are the classy, yet simple Puma kits they’ll be rocking in Brazil.
6. And this is how they celebrated qualifying for this year’s World Cup.
Algeria defeated Burkina Faso to qualify for their second consecutive World Cup.
7. Their last trip to the World Cup didn’t go so well.
Their most recent World Cup memory was Landon Donovan’s dramatic extra-time strike that advanced the United States to the round of 16.
8. They’re nicknamed the Fennec Foxes — making them the most adorable team in Brazil.
The fennec fox is the national animal of Algeria.
9. The offense runs though midfielder Sofiane Feghouli who plays as an attacking midfielder.
The Valencia midfielder started his international career with France before switching allegiance to Algeria.