Fighting has always been a fundamental part of hockey. It’s an agressive sport and bloodlust has always been ingrained in its culture.
Even to a comical degree.
However, most of the time fights are simply a lot of talk…
And not a lot of fighting.
Apparently this Russian youth hockey league never got that memo…
And took it upon themselves to return the sport to its bare knuckle roots.
12. Watch the right of the frame as some kid flies out of nowhere to aid his teammate.
Where were their parents, you ask? Well, filming all the action, of course!
15. Check out the whole insane video, complete with Russian rap accompaniment:
h/t Sean Newell Deadspin
- The battle to replace Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, who died Saturday, is expected to elevate the role of the court in an unprecedented way.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates had their nastiest debate yet in South Carolina 🇺🇸
- And "Deadpool" made $135 million this weekend, the best U.S. debut for an R-rated film. That's a lotta chimichangas 💵