The Young mulletted Miguel Herrera >>
DISCLAIMER: This post has absolutely nothing to do with Miguel Herrera’s truly amazing coaching job. Sure, his ability to take over a dysfunctional Mexico team and transforming it into one of the best stories of the World Cup is a great story, but this post is solely dedicated to something EVEN BETTER — celebrating Miguel Herrera — the man.
1. Because this is what his face looks like when he gets excited.
2. He once celebrated by burying his head in another man’s crotch.
This was after the Herrera-led Club America won their 11th league title in penalty kicks back in 2013.
3. He has a productive and respectful relationship with referees.
I’m sure he was simply complimenting the referee’s decision.
4. Because there is no one happier to be in Brazil.
Look at that smile!
5. Because this inexplicable Spanish ska music video featuring Miguel and a cannon.
6. Because this is how he looked in his playing days…
Herrera had a 14-year club career in Mexico and was considered for the 1994 Mexican World Cup team, but lost out on the chance due to his hotheadedness — aka overflowing PASSION.
7. Because MULLET.
8. And because he proudly has a framed picture of his glorious mullet.
Yeah, that haircut was not a mistake, he was damn PROUD of his mullet.
9. Because he was nicknamed “El Piojo” (meaning louse or pest) during his playing career.
As you can see, Herrera wasn’t exactly the most talented player on the pitch, but he played with a lot of heart and was a deliberate pest to opponents.
10. Because he gives ZERO fucks.
Yeah, both of these GIFs are from the same game — a CONCACAF World Cup qualifier in 1994 against Honduras. He was sent off after this challenge, and dismissed from El Tri soon after — for being a reckless badass who would do anything to win.