In anticipation of this week’s U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club outside Philadelphia, Nike has a released a new commercial featuring Tiger Woods. The 30-second ad is technically for Woods’ new golf shoe — the TW ‘14 — but the message is that golf is more than just a hobby.
2. Tiger is EXACTLY like a world-class sprinter. Look how he tees off right when the gun sounds!
3. Sometimes Tiger JUST misses putts and gets sad, which is totally similar to boxers getting knocked out with a left hook!
4. Remember how all those crazy golf hooligans scream and distract Tiger when he’s trying to putt?
5. Baseball and golf are essentially the same sport, because, um, you hit a ball with a club.
6. My favorite part of golf events is when Tiger allows a mosh pit of fans to storm the 18th green after a victory.
7. Watch the entire strange commercial here:
h/t CBS Sports
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›