1. This is @JoanDidion on Twitter.
2. Today it was announced that @JoanDidion would be retiring from Twitter. So over it.
im quitting twitter because i don’t understand how twitter helps anyone do anything
3. Unfortunately, @JoanDidion was never run by the National Book Award winner. It’s an ad guy inspired by her, as is mentioned pretty prominently in the bio.
4. So it was a bit awkward when the Wall Street Journal reported on the account as though it were actually Joan Didion.
6. The Wall Street Journal quickly posted an updated version of the article with a correction.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates will debate Saturday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire.
- Up to 150,000 penguins may have been killed by an iceberg blocking their access to the sea.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.