1. Nearly three weeks after the May 18 drawing, the sole jackpot winner Gloria MacKenzie claimed her $590 million prize today, Florida Lottery officials announced.
2. MacKenzie purchased the winning quick-pick ticket at a Publix grocery store in Zephyrhills. She is taking the lump sum of $370 million before taxes.
3. MacKenzie did not attend today’s news conference announcing her as the winner, but she did issue a statement saying that someone in front of her at the Publix check-out let her CUT THE LINE.
Here Are The Top Stories
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.