1. Nearly three weeks after the May 18 drawing, the sole jackpot winner Gloria MacKenzie claimed her $590 million prize today, Florida Lottery officials announced.
2. MacKenzie purchased the winning quick-pick ticket at a Publix grocery store in Zephyrhills. She is taking the lump sum of $370 million before taxes.
3. MacKenzie did not attend today’s news conference announcing her as the winner, but she did issue a statement saying that someone in front of her at the Publix check-out let her CUT THE LINE.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.