1. Nearly three weeks after the May 18 drawing, the sole jackpot winner Gloria MacKenzie claimed her $590 million prize today, Florida Lottery officials announced.
2. MacKenzie purchased the winning quick-pick ticket at a Publix grocery store in Zephyrhills. She is taking the lump sum of $370 million before taxes.
3. MacKenzie did not attend today’s news conference announcing her as the winner, but she did issue a statement saying that someone in front of her at the Publix check-out let her CUT THE LINE.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›