1. Nearly three weeks after the May 18 drawing, the sole jackpot winner Gloria MacKenzie claimed her $590 million prize today, Florida Lottery officials announced.
2. MacKenzie purchased the winning quick-pick ticket at a Publix grocery store in Zephyrhills. She is taking the lump sum of $370 million before taxes.
3. MacKenzie did not attend today’s news conference announcing her as the winner, but she did issue a statement saying that someone in front of her at the Publix check-out let her CUT THE LINE.
Michael Hayes is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.