1. It began like any other performance of “The Star Spangled Banner” at the EJH Red & White concert. With precision and excellence.
2. And then, the tragic and unthinkable happened to the percussion section’s usually unflappable number one cymbal drummer. A slippery cymbal catastrophe!
3. Frightened and confused and feeling the bass drummer’s icy glare, Cymbal Kid hurried to recover his fallen instrument. But it was no use, this was truly an epic fail.
4. And then our hero, possessed with a newfound stoic grace reached deep inside his heroic Cymbal Kid heart and made…the most epic recovery.
5. No, Cymbal Kid…we salute YOU.
6. Watch Cymbal’s Kid heroic triumph in its entirety.
Michael Hayes is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.