1. This farmhouse in northern Italy narrowly escaped total destruction by an enormous boulder. The massive slab of rock barrelled through the countryside during a Jan. 21 landslide near the village of Ronchi di Termeno. Luckily, no one was hurt.
2. The giant rock destroyed the house’s barn before coming to a stop in the vineyard. However, it could have been way worse…
3. How much worse than a totally destroyed barn, you ask?
4. A second boulder came to a halt a mere foot from the house. Whoa.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›