6. Referring to random parts of random towns and cities as “downtown”
12. Dating their high school sweetheart far into college… or, eventually, just marrying them.
15. Most restaurant chains (namely: Panera, Olive Garden, Chipotle, and Outback — I could go on)
17. Wearing athletic clothing while having no intention of working out
18. Chicken bacon ranch pizza and sandwiches
(Note: I realize that both pizza and ranch have already been listed but, believe me, these particular items needed another reference.)
19. Drive-thrus in general
(Note: Yes, that is Paul Ryan playing cornhole. You’re welcome.)
30. Being “the birthplace of aviation”
(Note: For a bit, there was a big dispute about which state was actually the birthplace of aviation. Although the first flight took off from Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, Ohioans claim to deserve the title because the home-grown Wright brothers invented the first aircraft in their bicycle shop in Dayton.)
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️