1. McDonald’s has announced they’re test-marketing a guacamole burger in Denver and the Carolinas.
3. The burger (burger-rito?) is topped with Hass avocado, pico de gallo, and white cheddar, and costs $4.79. It’s also available with grilled or crispy chicken.
In Denver, the fast food chain has also added the option to add guacamole to any other sandwich for 89 cents.
4. This isn’t the first time McDonald’s has put guacamole on their U.S. menu. In 2010, they tried it on their chicken flatbreads. They also launched avocado burgers in Japan in April.
5. No word yet on whether the guac burgers will go nationwide. If they do, we can think of at least one customer:
(h/t The Daily Meal)
We've got your WKND covered.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".