1. McDonald’s has announced they’re test-marketing a guacamole burger in Denver and the Carolinas.
3. The burger (burger-rito?) is topped with Hass avocado, pico de gallo, and white cheddar, and costs $4.79. It’s also available with grilled or crispy chicken.
In Denver, the fast food chain has also added the option to add guacamole to any other sandwich for 89 cents.
4. This isn’t the first time McDonald’s has put guacamole on their U.S. menu. In 2010, they tried it on their chicken flatbreads. They also launched avocado burgers in Japan in April.
5. No word yet on whether the guac burgers will go nationwide. If they do, we can think of at least one customer:
(h/t The Daily Meal)
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️